Monday, November 12, 2007

Step One

I know you've been consumed with curiosity about the state of our boiler. The sad news is that it is in need of parts. We all know how that goes. They are not in stock. They must be ordered. You need them quickly? There's always second day air but that'll cost ya. It is clear that my offering was too little too late. But it's okay, I have wine and cheese so the day was not a total mess. On the plus side I've managed to shake that nasty feeling of responsibility. For one thing, this problem would have cost us whether I found it last week or this week and we'd still have spent several days sans heat. And for another, I managed to just let it go. Really. Don't look at me that way. I am not in denial. I may not have reached a state of insouciance but I have to take it one step at a time. Someday I will be able to walk away clean, no thoughts about the mess at all. Makes me feel free just thinking about it.

No comments: