Friday, November 09, 2007

In Need of Fodder

I find I feel at a slight disadvantage in this daily blogging thing. Some of my fellow NaBloPoMomers have children. Children are inherently funny. As is parenthood. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy with the current state of affairs. It's one of the reasons I love Worst. Mama. Ever., it validates all my life choices. But it does mean I have less humorous blog fodder. My co-workers are no use at all. They know I need some good material and yet they persist in being helpful and charming and not even remotely nutty. I do have the cats but their humor is of the slapstick variety-you kinda have to be here seeing it to appreciate it. I plan to spend some quality time people watching this weekend. There are 8 million stories in the naked city, I'm bound to stumble on one worth writing about.

2 comments:

karen said...

Even with kids who are often the subjects of WME posts, yesterday's most bloggable moment came while I was only myself in the NYC subway.

LMP said...

Having always been a keeper of journals, I'm fond of lists. Things I love, things I hate, Why I'm Glad Not To Be Barbie, etc. Endless fodder.