Friday, November 23, 2007

DIY

I bought myself a book today. Don't look at me that way. I know I'm supposed to leave the buying of books to others at this time of year but it's not like they don't have options. My Amazon list has more than enough to go around. Besides I wanted it NOW. I suspect it comes from watching Project Runway. Yes, I do watch a reality show though I could do with less drama. I really just want to see the clothes. I usually skip a lot of the middle. And I really hate that "suspense" sound effect they use at the end. Just say it for heaven's sake. I also think that I'd have second thoughts about joining the fashion industry if those judges are a fair representation of the business.

You don't care do you? You're busy digesting and just want some pretty pictures. Here is the book.
There's a few of these beginner sewing-books-with-patterns out there but this one is by far the best. It has the most interesting patterns including a chic little capelet and some fun knickers. Most of the others have pillows, an apron, a place mat, maybe a skirt. The author owns this craft studio in Lower Manhattan called Make Workshop. I had heard of it but it's in a really inconvenient place on the Lower East Side. Now that I've seen this book I might have to go and check it out.

No comments: