Monday, January 01, 2007

Ringing in The New

Remember I wrote that the best New Year's parties involved sitting around with good friends and good food? That is just what the party at Lady Epiphany's was like. We ate yummy fried chicken and drank a bunch of wine and champagne. Karen took some pictures (I'm not sure why we let her do that. Probably post-prandial stupor). In the past year or so I have come to the sobering conclusion that I will never be a heavy drinker. Too much and my body just rebels and rejects the alcohol. This is not pleasant. I go straight from tipsy to huddled in the corner. Now I pace myself and have less than I think I can. This is paying off as I felt just fine last night and this morning. I also managed to have incredible train karma. The NJ Transit train was right on time and made it into Penn Station early. Then an A train showed up just as I got to the platform. This bodes well for the New Year.

2 comments:

Lady Epiphany said...

And...I found your Christmas present yesterday while I was putting away all our stemware. I'd put it in the pantry. :/

Good plan on the drinking. ;)

karen said...

The pantry! Of course! We probably should have asked Lauren where it was...my kids always seem to have the exact GPS coordinates of everything in our house except their own homework and implements (such as dinner plates) required for doing a chore.