Wednesday, January 10, 2007

FIXED!

The toilet is fixed, the toilet is fixed, the toilet is fixed!!! I am doing the happy dance around the house. New York Replacement Parts did not have what I needed but George Taylor Specialties (in SoHo) did. I had been there before a couple of years ago to buy a new stem piece for the hot water knob in my shower. I probably should have gone there first. No more gurgling! It's wonderful. I can barely stand it. Now I have to get the sink fixed. It is leaky as well and needs new fixtures. I have been procrastinating because there is no cold water shut off in my apartment or under the sink so I will have to get them to turn it off for the whole block of apartments. I hate to do it but I think it is necessary. It feels so good when something gets fixed.

1 comment:

LMP said...

Maybe you could arrange to do your kitchen sink work at, say, 2AM on a Tuesday or something? The whole block...that seems like poor design.