Thursday, January 04, 2007

Cleansing

I've been cleaning and getting rid of clutter. I know that it's a cliche at this time of year but I'm enjoying it. The yarn is now arranged in labeled boxes and is all in one place. No more huge boxes blocking the view. I'm also getting rid of a lot of stuff that I just never use. I'm a bit of a hoarder so I often keep things much longer than I should. I have a big bag of books ready to go to the library, a bag of clothes going to the Salvation Army, and old tapes to be recycled at Union Square this Sunday. I've also been really looking at the place. There's lots of stuff that really needs some love. Chipped and cracked paint, stains, cracked switch plates, etc.. After you've lived in a home for a while you get to the point where you stop seeing all those things you meant to fix when you first moved in. Every now and then you have to really look around, pretend you've never seen it before. You'll probably be horrified but then you can set about making it beautiful.
I'll be making a trip to the store for some spackle and paint as well as some fabric. I also have a brand spankin' new chair on its way here. I will post a picture as soon as it arrives. I can hardly wait.

On another topic all together I just saw a commercial for a new animated series to air on Spike. It's called Afro Samurai and stars (of course) Samuel Jackson. I can't wait for that either.

No comments: