Thursday, April 20, 2006

It's Real

Yesterday I received my first piece of mail addressed to my new company. Granted, it was a piece of junk mail but it still gave me a little warm glow. After all, if it's getting mail, it must be real.

The upshot of this is that my previously mentioned ADD is now even worse. Particularly today which is a perfect spring day. The sun is shining, it's warm with a light breeze, the trees are green... and I'm here in the hole entering UPC codes into a computer. Enough to make a strong man weep.

I have been wondering where to go for part time work come August. I was thinking of a bookstore, maybe. Or possibly Whole Foods. They are apparently in the top 100 companies to work for. It would be nice to work somewhere friendly. Here you spend half your life hiding things and getting around things and hoping She Who Must Be Obeyed doesn't find out about things. This is no way to live.

No comments: