Friday, March 09, 2007

Toilet Seat

I've been wanting to replace my toilet seat for some time. It's definitely seen better days. But My bathroom is an odd shade of pink. The chances of finding a matching seat are pretty slim. So I decided I should get something whimsical. A couple of years ago I found some clear resin seats that were pretty cool but they were only available in the UK. They were kind of expensive and the shipping was really steep. After a while I forgot about it then today something made me think of it again. It seems the market has really opened up. Target has some, Kohler has some, and ebay has 12 pages of toilet seats. Here are some of my favorites.

First we have simple, yet elegant.



Then we have girly.



A seat for the marine enthusiast.



Or the nature lover.



Or the Wild West type.



Or the urban sophisticate.




Or for the zen bathroom.



And for the archaeologist we have the Egyptian God of Eternity



So many choices. It makes it very hard to decide. What do you think?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

girly or urban sophisticate! they will pick up the pink!

karen said...

I vote for girly. That Egyptian guy watching the proceedings would creep me out.

LMP said...

I'd go for the Egyptian God of Eternity, because that will make being constipated seem kind of funny.

The Plaid Sheep said...

I was thinking that he was just the right god to put on a toilet seat. I wish it was three dimensional like a real carving. I suppose it would be too hard to clean.

The Estrogen Files said...

Oh.
My.
Goodheavens!

It's not right, I tell you, not right! Would you really want the god of enternity looking at your buns for "all eternity"?

Paula said...

I vote for the girly too!
I didn't know there were so many choices in toliet seats.
I will have to scare my husband now with a bathroom makeover!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I liked urban sophisticate, myself. Have fun!