Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Book Shelf

Hello again. I apologize for my recent absence. I simply have not wanted to turn on the computer unless it was absolutely necessary. I realize that for some, blogging is absolutely necessary, but not for me. At least not in the last three weeks.

Anyway, there hasn't been too much excitement around here but I did get a new bookshelf. I decided to splurge a little and then it turned out it was on sale! Kismet. Obviously I was meant to have this bookcase. Isn't it beautiful?
It's mahogany. I love the drawers, they can be opened from either side. I got it at From the Source. (I also got the duck there last summer.) They have all sorts of cool furniture and these fabulous coat trees - really, trees. I rearranged the apartment to accommodate my new arrival and it feels pretty good. More like a real home somehow. Before, the furniture was pressed up against the walls. It gave me lots of floor space but I think it felt a little dorm-like. Now, even though there is less floor space, it feels better. The next task is to get a nice flat long piece of wood to create a work table. Maple would be nice.

4 comments:

LMP said...

It's lovely! So's the duck.

The Plaid Sheep said...

I do like the duck. He's very dignified.

karen said...

Your new bookcase is gorgeous! I love the light you get in that reading corner - your place looks so inviting in this view.

The Plaid Sheep said...

@Karen:Thank you very much.
A friend of mine used to say that you feel like an adult when you reach the age you first remember your parents being. I say you feel like an adult when your real pieces of furniture out-number the dorm-room and found objects.