Wednesday, August 08, 2007

If You Were Wondering Where I"ve Been...

Dear sweet Christ on a cracker. These past two weeks (and this one is only halfway over) have left me wondering what god we managed to piss off. I'm not going to torture you with tons of details but here is a list of recent happenings.

1.My shower leaks into my neighbors place. The repairs are still not finished due to the rest of this list so I still have the Silkwood shower.
2.Two important people at my job leave prior to a big event we were participating in and which they had been organizing. This leaves me and the other manager in charge though we had stayed as far as possible from said planning. Until now. One of these people was generally useless and left a number of things undone and badly done. We've spent a lot of time trying to find and collect all the dropped balls. At least one rolled under the metaphorical furniture and was a pain in the butt to retrieve.
3.We have a serious lack of people and information about just about everything. I am working 6 days and the other manager 7.
4.Our main phone line decides to crap out and no one can reach us for several days. Much time is spent talking with three different companies and repair people.
5.The plumber still has not come to clean some drains and fix a leak.
6.Yesterday a co-worker had some kind of seizure which resulted in her not knowing who we were and being taken away in an ambulance. (She is feeling better now but it was very scary for her and everyone else here.)
7.And today the skies opened up and stranded various people on their way here or to the aforementioned event.

There is one bright spot in all this. One of the people who left really needed to go. She was both irritating and incompetent. This is a terrible combination. We all agree that despite the shortage we are glad she is gone. And she chose to leave so that is also good and we need not have any latent guilt about wishing her fired.

So there we are. I will be making an offering to whatever gods might be listening and hopefully we will return to some semblance of sanity.

3 comments:

Lady Epiphany said...

My friend Chip used to reflect on the collective insanity of the people I worked for in NYC. Your karma seems to draw you to swirling chaos. Sorry to hear things are so...bizarre. Really, who'd've thunk working at a yoga studio would be stressful?

The Plaid Sheep said...

It certainly does seem that I end up in craziness a lot. I suppose that it's possible that the Universe sees me as some sort of metaphorical fire fighter, putting out problems. I wish the Universe would find someone else for a change.

LMP said...

The universe has a very, very cruel sense of humor. Often all we can do is pour a drink. And then another. To the universe!