Friday, August 04, 2006

Still Unbroken

The heat wave has broken. That's what they say anyway. I'm not convinced. 90 degrees is still pretty warm. I think the heat wave has merely cracked and won't actually break for another week.

These are the times that test the tree hugger. I almost succumbed and bought an air conditioner but I couldn't quite bring myself to do it. Honestly, it wasn't for me but for the cats and the computer. The cats have been spending their time lying behind the toilet on the tiles and the computer can only be used for a short while before it has to be allowed to cool off. But it could be worse. I could be one of the workmen hanging off the front of my building in the blazing sun or a Con Ed worker stuck in a manhole where the heat reaches 115 degrees. I can't even imagine it.

I am now on my 3 day week at work. Quite nice except that I haven't wanted to go anywhere or do much more than lie about. I feel pretty flabby. The office job combined with my gimpy ankle have kept me off my feet for a couple months and I feel jelly like. I do have to go out today, back to the acupuncturist. My right hand is being difficult. I've tried to give it rest, time to heal but I'm not even a little ambidextrous. I think what I need is a nice little vacation where I do nothing but lie in a hammock sipping cool drinks, nibbling on tasty morsels, and reading. I can do all of that with my left hand. No problem.

No comments: