Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weekend Shopping

Fall is really here now. The days are getting crisp and cool and apples have come back to the farmer's market. I love apples. Love love love love love apples. One of my favorite varieties is red delicious though you have to get them at the right time. They have to be just on the edge of ripeness when they're still really crisp. After that they get mealy and no one wants that. This weekend I found one with a nose.






I also really love having fresh flowers around. I don't indulge myself very often but this weekend I felt the need. I bought these irises in a shop near me. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have real trouble getting blues and purples right when I take digital photos. For example, these irises should be much more purple, less blue. The color correct in Photoshop, which sometimes helps, was of no use at all. Still, I think it's a pretty good picture.

1 comment:

Lady Epiphany said...

Hey, the first time I looked at that, I didn't notice Nick had snuck into the picture...