Friday, September 14, 2007

More News

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and support. As you can imagine, I haven't felt much like blogging.

Ed and Beth have spent some time doing fun things like go-cart racing and skydiving. These are not exactly Beth's cup of tea but I think she'd happily sit and watch paint dry as long as they could do it together. But now the situation has deteriorated. They attempted to put a stent in his liver so the bile trapped there by the tumors could drain and stop causing jaundice. When they got inside they discovered the situation was worse than they thought. Time is now very short and the rest of us are planning to visit next weekend.

I suppose there is something to be said for having the time to put things in order and say goodbye to everyone. We've always had a good time together as a family and I hope that we can lift their spirits, if only just a little. Your last days should be filled with as much joy as possible.

1 comment:

LMP said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news, but I'm glad to hear you're all going for a visit. Not only will you get a chance to say goodbye and be there for your cousin, but it's a chance to strengthen your bonds with each other while your so freshly reminded of life's temporary-ness.