Sunday, May 06, 2007

Scary Scary World

I stole this from here. I had to. It's terrifying. I must pass it on.

Overheard in Brooklyn

A couple is on the train, filling out some kind of application.

Dude: Okay, what's it say here? Race? Why the fuck I gotta put down that I have a race? I'm not black.

Chick: That's just stupid. Why would they want you to put that?

Dude: Yeah! This is some stupid shit. They want me to put down that I'm black, and I'm not. What the fuck?

Chick: You know what? Leave it blank. And if they ask you, tell them that you don't have any race in you. They can't ask about that kind of shit anyway.

2 comments:

LMP said...

That's why these forms should always be multiple choice. That line should have read -
Race (select all that apply):
-Caucasian
-African American
-Asian
-Hispanic
-Waste of Space
-Native American
(and so on)
That way that woman that overheard that could've leaned over and told him "you want the 5th one there".

karen said...

NY Marathon? Boston?