Saturday, June 03, 2006

Too Much

I hope Lady Epiphany feels better today. I am sorry that I did not get to visit with her and the new ankle biter yesterday. She and her husband may be more sorry since I baked a cake. It was their anniversary the day before and I wanted to get them something. But what? Of course, cake. It stared at me all the afternoon until I succumbed and ate some of it, more than I probably should have. However, I cannot eat all of it. That would be one and a half sticks of butter, three quarters of a pound of chocolate, one and a half cups of sour cream, half a pound of sugar, and half a pound of flour. A bit much for one person even several days. So I am freezing some of it for later cake need and taking the rest of it to work. I'm sure the denizens of The Pit will welcome it.

1 comment:

karen said...

Ooooohhh...I'm even sorry you didn't come over on Friday with the cake! We devoured some McD's on the way home (darned silly hospital people don't feed you for fear of later puking) and your cake sounds scrumptious. Bring on the butter and sugar and chocolate!!